Summer is the best season to be a dog! The sunshine and great weather lead to endless possibilities of fun outdoor activities. From doggie paddling on a beach summer vacation to leaping through the woods, summer is dog-gone fun!
Our Veterinary Services
Take a moment to think about your own health. We know that the best way to stay healthy is by good nutrition, staying active, having a yearly physical done by our own doctors, etc. The same is true for our pets – even more so because animals age more quickly than we do!
At Countryside Veterinary Clinic, we strive to provide the best care for your pets so you can live long, happy, and healthy lives together. That care includes regular wellness examinations and vaccinations. These wellness examinations are recommended annually for your pet (twice per year if your pet is 8 years of age or older). At these examinations, Dr. Kutchins performs a nose-to-tail examination, which can help us catch any problems early, before they become more serious.
Along with the examination, a typical annual wellness visit to our clinic includes:
- Vaccinations that are necessary for your pet depending on his/her risk factors, which will be discussed during your appointment. These vaccinations may include:
- Distemper, hepatitis, parainfluenza, parvovirus, and corona (commonly known as DHPP-C or distemper vaccination)
- Canine Influenza
- Feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, panleukopenia (commonly known as FVRCP or distemper vaccine)
- Feline leukemia virus
- Nutrition and weight counseling if necessary
- Consultation regarding your pet’s behavior and lifestyle. Please feel free to ask any questions or share your concerns during this time.
During this visit, we also recommend:
- Intestinal Parasite Examinations
- Annual heartworm/tick disease testing for dogs and monthly heartworm and flea/tick preventatives
- Bloodwork panels – for our patients over 8 years old, or when indicated.
If you have any questions about your pet’s wellness examination and vaccine needs, please do not hesitate to ask. The key to any good relationship is communication and we want the relationship between you, your pets, and our clinic to thrive. We are always here to answer your questions about your pet’s well being and the care we provide.